Register

Dropshipping to Norway

General discussion for business related topics.

Moderator: Staff

Just Starting Out

Dropshipping to Norway

Postby norvik » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:21 am

Hi,

I`m a new member and I have some challenges regarding drop shipping to Norway. Hope there is someone on this forum who have had similar challenges and are willing to share their experience.
I know how to sell a good product, but is it worth it with thees challenges.

The main challenges is:

1. The Norwegian 25% tax on imports over £20.
This tax is collected by the post office and the also charge a fee for collecting the tax. This means that I`m limited to selling products(total to customer) for under £20.

2. Returns.
Any bad product will have to first be shipped to me and then I can ship them back. Any returns would probably set me back at lest 3-5 sales depending on the product.

Would appreciate it if there is someone here who have overcome similar challenges and still have a good profit. Is it possible?

Regards
Steinar

Just Starting Out

Postby norvik » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:26 pm

Hi,

More challenges with drop shipping to Norway:

In Norway you also have to guarantee your product for 3 years. I see most suppliers only have a 1 year guarantee, this means I`ll have to guarantee the products for two years out of my own pocket.

Would appreciate if there is any Scandinavian members here who can share some of their experience.

regards
norvik

Just Starting Out

Postby norvik » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:41 pm

I`m glad I got some experience selling in the Scandinavian marked myself.

I`m thinking the best thing to dropship to Scandinavia(and I`m sure this goes for other country's as well) is products that you use up, if that makes sense to you. I was before I joined here thinking health care, aroma therapy, scented candles and similar.

After checking out the forum and dropshipper links I have found that there is a lot of other goods that meet my demands regarding avoiding VAT, returns and guaranty.

Luckily there is still a lot of niches who no one yet have claimed over here. I`m looking forward to engulf myself in possibilities. This forum is a great resource.

thanks

Supreme Member

Postby redspell » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:14 pm

Hi Norvik,

It sounds like the laws and regulations for online retail in Norway are worse than the ones we have here in the UK. :rules:

I didn't think that was possible. :shock:

It looks as if you are researching and looking at different options so I hope you find something that suits your situation.

Good luck. :cheers:

Richard

Return to General Business Chat